Failed Coup Attempt In Turkey
1. The heinous coup attempt in various cities of Turkey, particularly in Ankara and İstanbul, on 15thJuly to overthrow the democratically-elected government in Turkey was foiled by the Turkish people in unity and solidarity. Turkish Armed Forces was not involved in the coup attempt in its entirety. It was conducted by a clique within the Armed Forces, the terrorist organization Fetullah Gülen Terrorist Organization (FETÖ), and received a well-deserved response from our nation.
2. All the political parties and Members of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey (GNAT) stood firmly by democracy, democratic politics, democratic institutions and the Constitution. A Joint Declaration in defense of democracy was issued during the extraordinary meeting of the General Assembly on the 16thof July. This Joint Declaration was signed by the Speaker and all parties represented at the GNAT. Please click here for the translation of the Joint Declaration.
3. Fora detailed informative note of the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Turkey on the failed coup attempt, please click here.
4. During the operations held against the coup plotters so far nearly 8.000 have been detained.
Unfortunately, 240 of our citizens including policemen, soldiers and civilians were left dead and more than 1535 wounded by the coup plotters.
These figures may change in time.
5. A document that gives the links of videos which show the sheer brutality of the coup plotters is below. (The videos may contain violence and strong language.)
6. Investigations continue regarding the coup attempt and the FETÖ, the terrorist organization that staged the coup attempt.
FETÖ has undercover networks not only in the army but also in several state organs. Those suspected to be part of this terrorist organization will be duly investigated and prosecuted if necessary. The public employees that have connections with the FETÖ are suspended.Along with the ongoing ones initiated regarding FETÖ, required measures are now being taken against all those involved in the coup attempt, so that all thoseresponsible are brought swiftly before justice.
The validity of charges, if any, and the eventual sentences they would face, will be determined by the independent Turkish courts. There should be no doubt that the process will be conducted as usual in full respect to fundamental rights and freedoms and the rule of law, as prescribed by law. All judicial remedies are available.
Turkey is among the founding members of the Council of Europe which sets the highest universal standards in respect of human rights, the rule of law and democracy. Turkish judicial system functions in full observance of, inter alia, its obligations deriving from the UN human rights conventions, European Convention of Human Rights and its Court.
Monday - Friday
09:30 - 13:00 / 14:00 - 17:30
|1/1/2021||1/2/2021||New Year's Day|
|1/4/2021||1/4/2021||January 2nd (substitute day)|
|5/3/2021||5/3/2021||Early May Bank Holiday|
|5/31/2021||5/31/2021||Spring Bank Holiday|
|8/2/2021||8/2/2021||Summer Bank Holiday|
|11/30/2021||11/30/2021||St Andrew's Day|
|12/27/2021||12/27/2021||Christmas Day (substitute day)|
|12/28/2021||12/28/2021||Boxing Day (substitute day)|
+ 90 312 292 29 29